Users of any of the DecisionTools Suite products will be notified automatically of any updated releases with a pop-up message that once clicked will open a dialog window with a variety of options to update the software. You can also check for available updates by clicking on Help>Check for Software Updates in the @RISK ribbon.
Build #083 - January, 2018
Changes of Note
- Data Execution Prevention Security Setting: Palisade software was incompatible with some more restrictive "Data Execution Prevention" security settings in Excel; this release resolved the issue. This also allows all products in the DecisionTools Suite to run inside the 32-bit Excel process for versions 2013 and higher, meaning processing times are faster and more efficient.
- Large Address Aware: Palisade software was previously unable to take advantage of the ability of 32-bit Excel to allow users with 64-bit operating systems (which is most users) to use 4 GB of RAM instead of just 2 GB. This has been fixed to now allow Palisade software to support 4 GB of RAM in this environment, speeding up model performance.
- Improved Licensing Security for Networks: The FLEXnet licensing system in Palisade software has been upgraded to take advantage of licensing security improvements. This makes it harder for malicious software to access sensitive directories on network servers.
- Windows XP and Windows Server 2003: We will no longer support these older operating systems. This is because the latest version of the FLEXnet licensing system no longer supports these.
- Improved Efficient Frontier Graphs in RISKOptimizer: The scaling of the y-axis in the Efficient Frontier Excel graphs produced by RISKOptimizer has been improved to intelligently display more useful increments.
*** A Selection of Significant Maintenance Fixes ***
12311 After clicking on the "X" icon in top-right of the Excel Window during a simulation, there appeared an "Application-defined or object-defined" error message.
12621 Buffer overflow vulnerability in FLEXnet Publisher was fixed by upgrading to a new version of FLEXnet software.
12691 When two inputs had the same name, a Palisade cell statistic function referencing that name still returned a value.
12694 GraphDistribution method of the Excel Developer Kit failed.
12707 If maintenance expired July-Sept 2016, software did not allow running 7.5.1.
12720 RISKOptimizer failed to run if timespan stopping condition was selected.
12771 RiskPertAlt function returned an error if one of the parameters was specified as a probability distribution inside the formula (it worked properly if that probability distribution was specified in another cell).