How do I import MindManager or FreeMind maps into BigPicture?
The BigPicture Converter allows users to import maps from both MindManager and FreeMind. Files supported include those created using MindManager Version 6 (2005) and later - MMAP file types, and FreeMind Version 1 - MM file types. The following steps will walk you through how to import a MindManager MMAP file.
Import a Map
1. Click the Import/Export button in the BigPicture ribbon.
2. Select Import, then Map from MindManager
Note: The same steps can be followed to import a FreeMind map. Simply select Map from FreeMind in the import drop down menu.
Click the Browse button in the 'Import From MindManager' dialog box.
Select your existing MMAP file. (or your MM file)
For this example we will import an existing 'Google-.mmap' file
View the preview, edit options and click 'Import'
1. For MindManager MMAP files, there is usually a preview of the file to be imported which will be displayed in the preview pane.
2. If you would like to edit the Import options click on the Options tab. (These options are explained below.)
3. Once the file is selected, use the Import button to import the file.
View the Imported file
A new workbook, and BigPicture map will be created using the imported file. You can now make edits using BigPicture.
Click on the Options Tab to alter various Import Options
Option 1: Use Office Themes for Colors and Fonts
BigPicture utilizes Microsoft Office Themes when creating topics, which allows the user to easily switch between several color and font schemes for their maps. Selecting this option in the BigPicture Converter creates a custom theme based on the fonts and colors of the imported map.
Note: There are a limited number of colors and fonts associated with a specific theme, so maps that are imported with several colors and/or fonts may not be precisely represented in terms of Office Themes.
Option 2: Create BigPicture Organization Chart Table
Option 2 (cont.): Create a BigPicture Organization Chart from the Table
After the chart is created from the imported file, you can create a BigPicture Organization Chart:
1. Go to the BPConvertOrgChart worksheet.
2. Click on the Org Chart drop down menu in the BigPicture ribbon
3. Choose Org Chart...
4. Click on the Create Chart button once you have set your other preferences in the Organization Chart dialog box.