What are markers, and how do I create them?
Markers provide additional information about topics, and they appear as icons below topics.
Add markers for countries (for example)
Here is an example where country flags have been added as markers to the map. There are three ways you can do this.
Method 1: Right-click a topic
Method 2: Use the Outline pane
Method 3: Use the Topic pane
1) Click on the Topic button in the View section of the BigPicture ribbon to display the Topic pane to the right of your workbook.
2) Click on the desired topic in the map to select it.
3) Click on the Markers option in the Topic Pane
4) Next to the desired marker list, click in the Marker column and use the drop-down list to select a marker.
5) Your selected marker will appear to the lower-right side of your Topic
Note: If you would like to use one of the markers as a picture inside the topic, you can do so by clicking on the Change Marker to Picture button.
Another example of this can be seen in the How do I add pictures to topics? help article.
Add your own marker list
BigPicture includes quite a few built-in lists of markers, but you can add your own if you like. The process is described in the file Adding Markers and Marker Lists.xlsx, which you can find from Example Spreadsheets under BigPicture Help.